NEST 2020: Application Form (Started), Dates, Pattern, Syllabus
NEST 2020 Application Form has been started from 8th January 2020. The exam will be organized by the NISER, Bhubaneswar and UM-DAE-CEBS, Mumbai jointly. This is a national entrance screening test conducted every year to offer admission into 5 years of Integrated M.Sc programmes in Biological, Mathematical, Chemical and Physical sciences. Admission will be offered to the candidates who will qualify the entrance exam successfully. In this article, we have provided all the details related to NEST 2020.
NEST 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check the complete details of the NEST 2020 application form:
- The online registration process of NEST 2020 has been started from 8th January 2020.
- The online application process consists of various stages like registration process, filling the application form, uploading the documents & images and payment of application fee.
- Candidates have to submit the application form till 3rd April 2020.
- Before filling the application form candidates must be ready with their necessary documents like class 10th and 12th Mark sheet and Pass certificate, passport size photograph digital copy and scanned image of their signature.
- Candidates must fill their application form carefully as no modification or correction facility will be provided later.
- At the time of filling the application form candidates have to fill their preference of exam city.
The application fee of NEST 2020 for various categories is:
- For General and OBC Male Candidates – Rs.1200
- For ST/SC/PWD/Female/Male (SC & ST) Candidates – Rs.600
Applicants can pay the application form fee by online mode through SBI Payment gateway/net banking/debit card or credit card.
NEST 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check the complete eligibility criteria of NEST 2020 before filling the application form:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed his/her 12th level exam or its equivalent from a recognized Board or University in the year 2018 and 2019.
- Minimum Marks: Applying candidate should have secured minimum aggregate of 60% marks. For ST/SC candidates, minimum aggregate marks are 55%.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidate in the qualifying exam must be passed with the subjects of Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and Physics in 11th and 12th
- Age Criteria: Candidates belonging to General or OBC category must have born on or after August 1, 2000. For ST/SC candidates there will be age relaxation of 5 years.
- Appearing candidates: Candidates appearing in the final year of their qualifying exam can also apply.
NEST 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check below the complete exam pattern of NEST 2020:
- Exam Mode and Date: NEST 2020 will be conducted on 6th June 2020 in online (CBT) mode.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will consist of objective type of questions.
- Time Duration: The total time duration to complete the exam paper will be of 3 hours.
- Sections: The question paper will consist of total five sections. Section 1 will be General Section (Compulsory). Section 2 will contain questions from Biology, Section 3 from Chemistry, Section 4 from Mathematics and Section 5 from Physics. Candidates have to attempt any three other sections after attempting Section I.
- Total Marks: The exam paper will be of total 230 marks.
- Marking Scheme: There will be no negative marking for answering wrong responses except in Section 1. Also in some questions there will be more than one correct answer and candidates will get points only by marking all the correct answers and no wrong answer.
In the below table we have distributed the marks for various sections:
|Any 3 Sections
NEST 2020 Syllabus
NEST syllabus has been published by the authority through online mode. The questions in the exam will be asked from the syllabus of 11th and 12th level.
The question paper will contain questions from the General Section, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics subjects. Candidate must review the complete syllabus before starting their preparation.
Questions asked in the paper will test the candidate’s analytic ability to know quantitative and qualitative aspects of a given scientific passage. It will test the candidate’s aptitude for a career in science.
NEST 2020 Admit Card
The NEST 2020 admit card will be made available for downloading from 24th April 2020. Students have to download their admit card online. The authority will not send the admit card by post or any other offline mode.
For downloading the admit card, candidates have to enter their User Id and Password. On the day of examination, candidates must bring their admit card along with a photo id proof for identity verification.
NEST 2020 Answer Key
NEST 2020 answer key will be published through online mode after the completion of exam. With the help of answer key, students will be able to check the correct answers of the questions asked in the test. Moreover, students will be able to calculate their probable score of entrance exam.
The answer key will be available in two sets – A & B. Also, students can challenge the answer key in case any discrepancy arises in it. To access the answer key, candidates have to enter their roll number and date of birth.
NEST 2020 Cut Off
After the result declaration, NEST 2020 cut off will be published online. Students securing the qualifying marks successfully in the entrance exam will be considered eligible to participate for further admission process.
As per the previous year trends, below we have provided the expected cut off marks for various categories:
||Expected Cut off Marks
NEST 2020 Counselling
The counselling process of NEST 2020 will start after the selection of candidates and release of merit list. It will be conducted through offline mode in various rounds. At the time of counselling, the document verification and seat allotment of the qualified candidates will be done.
As per the counselling process of NISER and UM-DAE-CEBS, qualified candidates will be allotted seats in the respective courses and institutions. Candidates have to appear for counselling process at NISER and UM-DAE-CEBS campuses separately within the prescribed time period.
During the counselling process, candidates have to produce various necessary documents for the document verification process. These documents are listed below:
- 10th and 12th Mark sheet and Pass certificate
- Category certificate
- NEST 2020 Admit card
- Several Passport size photographs
- NEST 2020 Score card
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Caste certificate
- Valid photo id proof
- Provisional call letter